Wednesday, November 12, 2014

// I'm Subpar at Introductions

Howdy! My name is Alicia Guthrie, and I am a freshman engineering student at Texas A&M University. 

I am exactly where God wants me... with no idea what I am doing. 

College so far has been a hurricane of change, but God has been my unchanging, never wavering constant. I am striving to pursue Him with everything, which is the point of my existence and where I base my identity.  

As an engineering student, I do not have a plethora of outlets to write freely. Therefore, I am determined to start a blog. I am not singularly dimensioned; I cannot express myself mathematically like I can through the convoluted miracle of the English language. To quote my favorite movie, Dead Poets Society, "Medicine, law, business, engineering, these are noble pursuits and necessary to sustain life. But poetry [and writing], beauty, romance, love, these are what we stay alive for." Keep in mind, I am proud of my tendency to make up words, so enjoy that. Essentially, I process things by journaling and writing through them: even when I have no time. Hopefully, this blog will be a nifty way to share, albeit irregularly, some of my random thoughts. 


~~~~
Carpe, carpe diem, seize the day boys, make your lives extraordinary,


alicia// 

1 comment:

  1. Oh! Excellent, you started a blog. I'm so excited. :)

    ReplyDelete